Aldi power!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a few beers with a mate as to who can make their money back on the hundred dollar Aldi detector first! Its been great fun and so far i'm just over half way. Also lucked into some less common aussie coins incl a 1967 and '68 5cent, a 1967 20cent and 1966 2cent coins. Bit of research has opened my eyes to a few aussie coins with 'irregularies' making them collectables. My favourite is the 2000 1dollar coin 'mule' that was mistakingly made in the 10c mould and the 1968 20cent piece with the 'wavy' section on the number 2.
1454123557_coins.jpg

Well done Stru, especially on the mule, got a close up of it on the "heads" side? Mine unfortunately had been hit by a mower, you and I are the only people I know of who have been lucky enough to detect one.

The mule's can fetch a pretty hefty price if in good condition.

Gday heatho, my writing is a little confusing, never found the mule, just happened across info on it researching the coins i did find! AND i cannot believe you found one, mower or not that is awesome!!! I'd be interested to hear how you came across it. Today I did find another $16.80 incl old 1centers.... happy az:)

Great inspiration to get busy with my aldi I got a month ago.
Just over the $15 mark now
Well done :D

My first pre-decimal!!!
Really happy with this find. A fair few tourist coins up here in far nth qld so when i saw the odd shape i was less excited than when i noticed the Queen on one side and '1956'!!!
1455274765_image.jpg
Pretty new to all this but its a three pence, found with the Aldi:)

Haven't seen one of those floating around the place before, thanks for sharing. Just need to notch up an Ozzy pre-dec now. ;)

Couldn't sleep, night shift worker curse, so headed to the beach with mates Deus. Thin pickings so i grabbed the Aldi to finish up on the grass areas beside the road/esplanade leading onto the beach and came up with this 1952 King George VI penny! About 3 inches deep. I have heard conflicting info on this particular coin, its rarity and possible value. This is my second only pre-decimal coin so i'm no wealth of info and any assistance appreciated. I thought i'd see how it goes in this part of the forum before maybe posting in the finds identification and valuation. Now
1455580239_penny.jpg
for some sleep...
1455580254_penny_2.jpg

Latest posts